Easy to Use E-commerce Package Protection
Reduce Damage, Protect Your Brand
E-commerce sales are accelerating at high speeds creating new opportunities for many. However, this increases the risk for product damaged during transit. Data reveals items that are heavy, bulky and expensive are experiencing damage rates of more than 20%*, a risk you can’t afford to take.
Returns can cost you more than you think:
- Revenue: Studies show that 79% of consumers will not repeat their purchase if the product arrives damaged**. If this happens frequently, you can lose a significant portion of your customer base. With online reviews easily accessible, it may be harder to earn new consumers if they lack trust in your products.
- Product: A damaged package does not always means a damaged product, but you may be responsible for replacing an item if transit goes poorly. Often, you will have to pay for the damaged product, and the replacement will be free to the customer.
- Labor: When a product needs replacing, several processes have to happen to manage the replacement. Your customer service team will take the call and process the replacement. From there, your warehouse team has to pack up the replacement product. If you’re facing this process often, the money lost to labor without the purchase of a product can add up.
- Higher shipping expenses: Rather than paying to ship one product to reach the customer, you’ll have to pay the cost of returning the damaged item and shipping the replacement. Suddenly, you’ve incurred three times the shipping costs without the revenue to show for it.
- Environmental impact: Sending all of these packages back and forth results in more packaging materials, product waste and gas for shipment. If you’re concerned about the environment, these types of returns are working against your cause.
*Source: Uship.com **Source: Pregis