UCrate® offers a highly durable, cost-effective preformed shipping crates for protecting long, narrow products such as windows, blinds/rods, tubing, metal rods/extrusions, fragile instruments and glass products during shipping and handling.
This lightweight yet durable protective packaging option features a smooth laminated paperboard construction that’s lighter and easier to load than wood without compromising impact resistance, scuff protection and stackability. UCrate provides substantial beam strength while also offering enough flexibility to provide shock absorption capabilities. Additional custom interior packaging options are available to meet your specific shipping and handling needs.
UCrate is manufactured using laminated paperboard up to 18″ wide and standard caliper options ranging from 0.080″ to 0.400″. Standard leg lengths extend to 300″, but longer lengths are also available.
Both standard and custom print options are available for this product.
Benefits of Using UCrate®
UCrate® is one of the best alternatives to wood crates and offers a range of benefits:
- Superior design: UCrate® is lightweight, durable and smooth, offering excellent impact resistance, scuff protection and stability in demanding environments. It is easily stackable and the top-loading design saves time and enhances worker safety
- Ready to assemble: The laminated paperboard crates are delivered to you compact and ready to construct. Overall, they are easier to assemble and less labor-intensive than wood crates
- Reduces import/export issues: Wood crates need specialized care and treatment against infestations and other organic matter that compromises structural integrity. Using UCrate® means bypassing these extra steps, saving time and money
- Strength and durability: UCrate® is light and makes for more accessible storage and handling, but it has superior beam strength and shock-absorbing flexibility that wooden crates cannot match
- Customization: We can customize the crates to fit your needs, including adding cleats at their base to make fork lifting a cinch. The smooth surface allows unique and high-quality personalization through printing
- Recyclable and reusable: Wooden crates are expensive and difficult to dispose of and splintering and nails increase the risk of employee injury. UCrate® is reusable, recyclable and easily disposable
- Various materials: There are a variety of sizes and protective coatings available for you to choose from
Why Choose Laminations for Paperboard Shipping Crates?
For over 50 years, Great Northern Laminations has been committed to providing cost-effective and innovative solutions to protect packaging.
Our expert team engineers solutions to fit your shipping needs. We do customized printing to add color, messages and critical information to your crates. Add your tagline, logo, product code, handling instructions and other helpful information for brand visibility and clear communication.
The team has extensive experience and industry knowledge to help you protect products during handling, storage and shipping. Our innovative design and lightweight yet durable materials ensure an effective and cost-efficient solution.
In addition, we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. Our team has rapid response rates, is quick to share advice and committed to getting the best solution for you, meeting your unique needs.
Contact Laminations to Get Started on Your UCrate® Shipping Solution
Since 1973, Laminations has prided itself on exceeding customer expectations. Let us exceed yours — contact us today for the ultimate shipping solutions.