UCrate® offers a lighter-weight, easier to handle, safer alternative to traditional wood crates for packaging long, narrow products.
UCrate® offers a cleaner, lighter-weight option than wood, is easy to load and stackable, and provides optimal impact resistance and scuff protection… all leading to significant savings in labor, freight and storage.
If additional protection is needed, a stapler could be used to add a wood block to reinforce each UCrate®. UCrate® is produced on state-of-the-art equipment to ensure fast turnaround and the highest-quality results, and is backed by superior customer service with every order. It is made from recycled materials, approximately 80% of which is post-consumer waste, and is 100% recyclable. (Download the PDF comparison).
UCrate® laminated paperboard packaging crates:
- High-quality, professional appearance with printing available
- Lower shipping costs
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to store
- Easy to dispose of and recyclable
- Safer for both workers to handle and the product being protected
- Easy for workers to handle
- Eliminates the risk of bug infestation and export/import issues
- Lowest total cost
- Cheaper, less professional, rough-looking appearance
- Higher shipping costs due to weight
- Often more labor-intensive and dangerous to put together, requiring the use of nail guns and multiple workers
- More bulky to warehouse
- Often more difficult and more expensive to dispose of
- Risk of splinters and nails that can injure workers and product
- More cumbersome for workers to handle
- Export/import issues with potential bug infestation
- May seem less expensive up front but more expensive total cost after adding in lumber, labor, storage and transport costs